International Road Haulage
Major provides services for the organization of international goods’ transportation by auto
Road haulage is the most common method of cargo delivery. Advantages of road transport include delivery directly from shipper’s warehouse to consignee without additional overloading, possibility of choosing the optimal volume and load-carrying ability of a car. On the territory of the Russian Federation, transport of cargoes over distances of up to 3000 km is considered the most efficient, they are noted for their low price and projected delivery dates.
Major offers services on international road transport FTL (Full Truck Loading) and LTL (Less Truck Loading). We strictly maintain a high level of service on arranging international integer direct and consolidated trucks because:
- We have long-standing partnerships with renowned road haulage companies, and consolidation warehouses in Russia and abroad, whose services meet international quality standards.
- Our road transportation service is integrated into our warehouse system, which allows us to consolidate cargoes in warehouses and distribute them.
- Major is a member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations FIATA, which gives us the right to issue official FIATA documents. For example, FIATA FCR - Forwarders Certificate of Receipt (forwarding agent’s receipt) - an internationally recognized document that indicates that the freight forwarder took cargo for shipment or storage.
- Major is included in the register of customs representatives, which allows us to carry out customs clearance, both at the border and at internal customs offices, including through Internet declaration.
- We can arrange for any supporting service to carriage by road, such as: armed escorts for cargo, insurance, cargo fastening in the car body according to carriage technical conditions, driving with two drivers for non-stop movement of urgent cargo.
- We practice individual approach to each client and focus on his needs and wishes.
- We select the optimal transportation route
- We inform clients through the MAP system on the status of cargo from the moment of collection to the moment of delivery to the receiver’s warehouse with the possibility of viewing all shipping documents for the cargo in the system.
We develop separate routes for each client. If necessary, we carry out a scheme with consolidated cargoes (small consignments from different senders, collected for transportation in one vehicle). Depending on the type of cargo, we choose transportation of different load-carrying abilities and designed for different carriage conditions (tents, thermo vans, mega trailers, refrigerators). Transportation is carried out in accordance with the Customs Convention on the International Transport of Goods under Cover of TIR Carnets and with the rules of the Association of International Automobile Carriers.
Development of optimal freight route is an important task in providing quality freight forwarding services. When planning it, the following criteria are considered:
- Departure and destination points
- Conditions at the shipment and destination places
- Required delivery time
- Limits on transportation cost
- Dimensions and weight of cargo
- Possibility of carriage of cargoes by different transportation modes
- Availability of contracts with shipping companies in various fields, as well as with intermediate warehouses
- Collected and analyzed information on the condition of transportation routes and points of cargo handling on the whole route
- Readiness of cargo to various transportation types, amount of preparatory activities for preparation of cargoes and their packaging for different types of transport
- Requirements on escorting the cargo on its route
- Preferred border crossings
- Other information necessary for uninterrupted delivery by various transportation types and much more.
An optimal route allows both to ensure a timely delivery of cargo to the receiver, and to significantly reduce the costs of delivering it, at the same time making it as fast as possible and reliable.
- Extensive geography of transportations
- from the EU (including Eastern European countries) to the EEA countries and in the opposite direction;
- from China and back
- Long-term experience (which allows us to deal with a delivery of a wide range of goods):
- FTL and LTL;
- highly liquid FMCG;
- expensive equipment;
- oversized cargo and cargo with impact sensors;
- dangerous goods (except for 1st and 7th classes);
- cargoes requiring a temperature regime from -50 to + 50С;
- organization of multimodal transportation, that allows including road transport in any part of the transportation chain.
- Single logistics operator services
- Complex approach: forwarding + customs clearance "on a turn-key basis" from "one window"
- Delivery optimization by price and time Goods’ consolidation and their distribution through the availability of our own warehouse system
- Quality control system, based on internal regulations, long-term experience in logistics and verified suppliers prescribes to offer additional services to customers. F.e. two drivers for an urgent delivery without stops, insurance, armed escort cargo. This allows us to give a guarantee of reliability in international communication.